526 West 26th Street, Rm 902, New York, N.Y. 10001
W (212) 288-4683 Mobile (917) 921-1170
Experienced conservator in private practice , effectively managing a referral based business in Manhattan for over 20 years. Excellent retouching skills, specializing in oil on canvas and panel paintings. Focused on maintaining high ethical standards. Versed in all aspects of the care, maintenance, storage, purchase, sale and shipment of works of art.
On site treatment of paintings:
Partial list of artists' work conserved
- Stabilizing numerous drying cracks on a large (84 x 70 inches) Fernando Botero painting in home of a private client.
- Cleaning, varnishing and retouching Sir Joshua Reynolds' Lady Broughton portrait at the Virginia Museum of Art, Richmond, Va.
- Smoothing out buckling canvas and stretcher bar imprints on a large contemporary painting at Elkon Gallery in Manhattan.
- Treatment of Rockefeller art collection for smoke exposure following a fire in their apartment building.
- Jan Davidsz de Heem - Still Life (panel)
- Lorenzo Sabbatini - Marriage of St. Catharine (panel)
- William Adolphe Bougereau - Portrait of a Boy (Oil on canvas)
- Tamara Lempicka - Woman with Green Dress (reweaving tear in canvas)
- Giuseppe De Nittis - Ladies at an Outdoor Café in Paris (panel)
- Franz Kline - Abstract with Green Stripe (Oil on canvas)
- Lyonel Feininger - Abstract Horses (Oil on canvas)
- Maurice Vlaminck - Street with Houses in the Snow (Oil on canvas)
- The Winston Art Group
- L'Antiquaire and the Connoisseur
- Colnaghi USA Ltd.
- Hollis Taggart Galleries
- Elkon Gallery
- Historical Design Inc.
- Nathan Bernstein Fine Art
- Achim Moeller Fine Art
- Christies New York
- Sotheby's New York
- Marcos Bledel Gallery, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Mr. and Mrs. Rodman Rockefeller
SIGNORELLI STUDIO PAINTING CONSERVATION
Sole Proprietor and Master Painting Conservator
RENZO BALDACCINI ART CONSERVATION
- Perform all conservation procedures.
- Examine and report on condition of paintings.
- Advise clients on appropriate treatment.
- Developed website, designed and launched marketing campaign. Implemented promotional mailings.
- Collaborate with appraisers and framemakers.
- Head of all business operations.
Assistant to one of New York's most highly regarded conservators
SOTHEBY'S NEW YORK
- Cleaned, repaired, relined, varnished and retouched paintings on canvas or panel.
- Client relations.
- Publicity and marketing.
Painting Conservation Consultant, Sotheby's New York Online Auctions
NOTRE DAME HIGH SCHOOL, TRENTON, N.J.
- On site evaluation of paintings and submission of detailed condition reports.
- Consulting on relevance of condition report in catalog entry.
Fine Art and Art History Teacher
- Created art history and studio art courses for high school students, incorporating slide lectures and essay questions on the development of Western art from Greek and Roman to present.
- Taught two art history classes to freshmen and four studio art classes to sophomores, juniors and seniors five days per week.
Established student awareness and appreciation of fine art and art history
and its relevance in their lives.
| EDUCATION AND WORKSHOPS|
Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
School of Arts and Sciences, B.A., MA., Art History
NYU School of Continuing Education, New York City, 2005
- Syracuse Undergraduate Semester in Florence 1969
- Syracuse Graduate Fellowship in Florence 1971-72
For the study of Art Conservation (Ugo Procacci, Direcor of Art Conservation in Tuscany) and Renaissance Art (Luisa Becherucci, Director of Uffizi Gallery), specifically Botticelli.
NYU Institute of Fine Art Conservation Center, 2009
- Lectured on history of painting restoration and read from text of "The Book of Art" by Cennino Cennini.
- Held workshop in my studio in which I demonstrated restoration techniques on a 16th Century Italian panel painting.
Syracuse University Museum Studies Graduates, 2012
- Participated in Modular Cleaning Program course taught by Chris Stavroudis, and sponsored by the Getty Conservation Institute.
- Lectured in my studio to 20 Syracuse University Museum Studies and Art
History students about career options for Art History and Museum Studies
| AFFILIATIONS |
AIC - American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works
| LANGUAGES |
Italian - Fluent
French - Competent
| REFERENCES |
Furnished upon request.